Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sin In The City

Las Vegas - Sin City - I'd never been before. Not until our travels took us to a first-time event in the Nevada desert. We traveled with our friends Shazzy and RaggedKnot to explore the fun offered by this pansexual event and explore the city as well. I was the only Vegas Virgin, and they popped my cherry good. We arrived on Thursday and settled into the hotel long enough to get changed from warm clothes to shorts and t-shirts. Denver was in the 20's and Vegas was in the 70's - woo hoo! We launched ourselved towards the Strip with much gusto, and dove into the mob to find lunch. Was I overwhelmed? Yes. Vegas has a strange energy to it - feels like a deep hunger underneath a hyperactive shiny man-child. It honestly took me a few days to get my bearings. But I was with friends and we had fun. There were gay bars (not what I expected) and there was shopping (shoes!) and there was eating. Plenty of that.

We tried America in New York New York, and found it ...lacking. Lacking service, lacking a consistent kitchen, lacking a manager who cared. I would not ever suggest anyone visit unless you have a large party of very hungry drunken friends who cannot decide on one type of food to eat. It does have a wide menu. Too bad it wasn't that great, and they cancelled our OpenTable reservation because we were early and were unable to add it back because their computer went down. Bah.

Our culinary highlight was Border Grill in Mandalay Bay. Wow. The service was fantastic, the drinks tasty, and the food was amazing. We tasted a variety of appetizers, cheviche, grilled skirt steak, Pescado Veracruzano, Yucatan pork, and sauteed shrimp. Everybody tasted around the table, and everybody was happy. Then came dessert with Tres Leches Cake, Pastel Rufina, and Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cake. Oh my - all we needed next was a blanket and a nap. Luckey thought it was better than Frontera Grill in Chicago, but I'm not so sure. I would rank them very close, with Frontera just a little higher.

But we didn't go to Las Vegas simply for food - there was a leather event! Sin In The City!
My favorite class was a hands-on class in florentine flogging. Two floggers going at the same time means double the whack-factor for your lucky submissive. I've always wanted to learn, but never pursued it much. This class gave me the basic exercises to develop the muscle memory to go like a pro. We'll see how much I practice and how this works out.

Luckey and I were not scheduled presenters at the event, but we reserved the Hospitality Suite for a Saturday afternoon session and presented out Puppy 101 class there. Shazzy brought a big batch of her AMAZING cookies and we had about 16 people in attendance. It was a lot of fun, and we made new friends and contacts. After class, we were both wiped out. Luckey fell back into headspace in the room and slept for about four hours, and I napped and dealt with some stomach-yuck that had pestered me all weekend. Unfortunately, we missed the Southwest Olympus Leather contest that night. <sad>

Another great part of this trip was the time spent connecting and reconnecting with friends. We had great visits with Mistress Simone and Brenna, Master Z, and Master Tallen. We also met a new friend out at The Buffalo on Friday night, and we'll be seeing him in a few weeks in Minneapolis when we visit. Shazzy and RaggedKnot were great traveling companions and I would be happy to travel with them again anytime.

Great job and thank you to the entire staff of Sin In The City! It was a great first year, and we wish you many happy returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment